Friday, September 3, 2010

High School, Senior Year. Psychology behind my drawings

  This particular year, One Piece had a big impact on me.  Not only 'cause it was so unique and vibrant, but also because my boyfriend was obsessed with it ((just like he still is)).  He is the biggest influence on my art.  In everything thing i draw ((and sometimes DONT draw)), he's impacted me in some way. Whether its Luffy or something less obvious like Princess Peach, I draw to express my feelings in life. If im in a happy mood, i might draw Princess Peach.  If im in a sad mood, ill draw her too.  Same way, same style.  The only difference being my thought process and why im drawing her.  My boyfriend likes her.  She represents my insecurity's.  Thick blonde hair.  Big, blue eyes.  Round, pink lips.  Yes, its a cartoon and yes she isnt real, but when those are the type of girls the man you love is attracted to in real life, it makes you a little depressed knowing you'll never be  his ideal dream.  I think when i draw her or any other woman with those characteristics, i want my boyfriend to be impressed or proud of me in some way. Proud of the fact that i can produce beauty on paper, since i am unable to duplicate it aesthetically on myself.   I live vicariously through my subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment