Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spring 2010 Life Drawing

    My first college class taken.  I am so glad i took this class. It really sparked my interest in experimenting with different mediums all over again.  Before attending, I felt like i had hit a huge roadblock in my drawing technique.  Not only from a technical standpoint, but an inspirational one, as well. Once i sat down on one of the drawing horses and glanced at all the sketchpads opened, I knew this is where i belonged. I normaly prefer to draw alone, but here, i welcome the criticism or complement my fellow artists have to say about my work.

Charcoal 18"/24"


Pencil, Micron pen 18"/24"

Paint Drip Drawings. Latex paint, 18"/24": An excercise where we were instructed to stand directly above our paper and, without neeling down, hold a paint stirrer loaded with paint. The goal was to draw the model onto the paper and still maintain a steady flow of paint.  I make it sound easy, which it most certainly was not.


Class Sketchbook, Various mediums, 11"/14":  Self explanatory. Mostly full of 30 second/ 1 minute gesture studies. Early Super Street Fighter 4 sketches too.  I couldnt stop watching those trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment